Some truths people spend their whole lives trying to avoid.
– If you can not be happy and grateful with your life (including your body) as it is right now then you will never be happy.
– Exercise is ESSENTIAL for humans. The sooner you accept that and decide what you need to do to make it part of your life the sooner you can stop wasting time agonising over it.
– Comparison will make you bitter. Catch yourself in the act and understand that everyone is in their own lane and going at their own pace. Be happy for this person you admire. Use them as fuel (inspiration) in your lane.
– Being a judgemental prick and making assumptions on others from your own thoughts (note your OWN thoughts) says one thing. You have extremely low self esteem and in order to make you feel better, you run others down. Get off your pedestal, you know you’re far from perfect. Practice being kind and understanding other peoples situations. Also, work on yourself.
– The world is full of side line commentators. If you haven’t stepped outside of your comfort zone and taken on a role that requires a lot of pressure in the public eye then sit back down. So much judgement from adults who still can’t even make their own beds.
– Excess calories over time will increase your body fat. To maintain a healthy body weight you must learn about calories in your food and drink, you must learn about your behaviours with food. This will take time and it’s a journey of undoing years of habits. Accept it and enjoy it. There’s no way round this.
– You can be overweight and still be fit and strong. Exercising a few times a week without working on your nutrition will not have you lose weight. You can go eat all those burned calories off 5 minutes after your session. Exercise should always be used as means to get fit, strong and improve your lifestyle. Never for weight loss alone.
– Your priorities are what you currently cancel plans and commitments for. You have choices but what’s important to you is what will come first. This can be a good insight into what you put before your healthy lifestyle choices.
– People struggle so much with communication. This ends in disliking the other and analysing their behaviour. Start to analyse your behaviour first, the only person you truly have control over is yourself and a lack in self awareness will cause many frustrating moments for you where you believe everyone else is to blame.
– Your PT, coach, Nutritionist are not responsible for your results. They are there to educate you, guide you and walk alongside side you. The work is entirely on you. If you choose to not do the work and you don’t do as they have told you then guess what will happen?…. nothing.
Give us a call to come and check out our private gym studio in Christchurch.