6 Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight
– Stress levels. If these are high it can be very difficult to lose weight. Stop often, breath, write in a journal. Include more exercise in your weekly schedule to help with stress levels.
– Weekends. Often we can be wonderful during the week and then blow out a bit in the weekend without being conscious of it. Check out this great example pictured above.
– Food/drink tracking (calorie counting). If weight/fat isn’t moving then 95% of the time it’s because we’re still eating/drinking in a surplus or just the right amount to maintain where we’re at. We must be in a deficit to lose weight so the only way to do this is eating less (that includes healthy food) and exercise more. And the only way to ensure we’re definitely doing this is by tracking everything that goes in our mouth through MyFitnessPal. This is a free app which will help you see exactly where you may be consuming too much. Sometimes too many milky coffees can even be the issue! An example of this; daily energy requirement = 2,000 calories. Daily calories needed in order to drop fat = 1,700-1,800.
The only way we can ensure we’re in the 1,700-1,800 cal range is by tracking. This is just an example, MFP will work out exactly how many calories you need.
– Sleep. Not getting enough sleep will signal to your brain that it’s stressed. Again, a stressed mind and body will not release fat easily.
– Caffeine and alcohol are things to watch as they will both stress your body with over consumption. Put good boundaries in place, eg, only 2 coffees a day and no alcohol during week days.
– Water. It’s essential to drink enough water. 3 litres a day is ideal. This will keep your energy high, stress levels low and your body functioning as it should. This step alone will very quickly dissolve cravings for sugar and caffeine.
** AND MOST IMPORTANTLY **
Losing weight happens over time when consistency is applied and habits are changed.
Your goal should NEVER be about weight loss alone. This is very disempowering.
Focus on how exercise makes you feel afterwards. How life is so much richer when you’re fit and strong, how much better you feel mentally when you’re exercising regularly.
The healthier and happier you are, the better your choices will become.